Tartan is a payroll connectivity API company enabling consent-driven employment and income verification in real-time 🎯
If you have ever applied for a home loan, car loan or a credit card, during the process, you were asked to share a proof of your income through payslips or IT return or a bank statement to assess your income. You probably had to manually find the necessary documents and upload them to a platform, or send them via e-mail. In some cases, you might even have needed to submit a request to your HR department for help.
Tartan helps precisely here – by offering a digitally embedded income verification solution to securely transmit your income data including the payslips without a pause in your application process. ✨
Our technology allows businesses to access payroll data directly from the payroll systems to streamline income and employment verification, improve underwriting models, and help employees and independent freelancers avail custom benefits through their employers.🔥
*Roles and responsibilities: *
- Design and own product roadmap- Work very closely with the design, and technology team to ensure steady execution of the product.
- Customer Research - Understanding the pain points of the customer amongst different industries. Research into existing and potential future customer segments enable further granular segmentation on the marketing and sales side of the house
- Sales Enablement - Familiarity with the different stages of our sales cycle.
- Partner with engineers to oversee the user experience of new features and products from conception through launch
- Identify problems and deficiency and implement solutions in a timely manner
- Collaborate with development, and marketing teams
- Come up with various ideas and strategies to sustain and increase engagement and retention through various design elements
- Track the initiatives and measure week over week progress
- A/B test various strategies, make improvements and take key decisions around them
- Be data driven and open to experimentation
We would love to hear from you if
- You have 2+ years of product management experience and a strong execution track record in building and managing technical software products
- You have the technical knowledge to collaborate closely with our product and engineering teams while also having the communication skills to distill and position the important information to the rest of the business organization.
- You are a generalist who likes to solve business problems cross-functionally and develop scaling processes
- You are excited about bridging access in the financial services space and become an industry expert in the field of income and employment verification and the competitive space of employment-related APIs
- Intensely curious, with a good understanding of analytics and a desire to learn from the data
- Knowledge of research and design techniques such as qualitative research methods, personas, wireframing, task analysis, journey mapping, sketching, prototyping, usability testing, etc
- Comfortable with uncertainty and things changing fast, this is early-stage startup life. You're constantly balancing the need for quality and well-thought details with the required speed of iteration
- You apply.
- 30 min Recruiter screen.
- 60 mins Hiring manager screen to chat with you about Tartan to find out what you are looking for in your next role and assess company value alignment.
- 60 mins Team collaboration meeting to discuss work in detail
- 45 mins Interview with a C-suite exec (either CTO or one of our co-founders)
- Any other informal conversations with people who you would be working closely with but didn’t get to meet during the interview process.
- We check references and make you an offer!
Why should you work with us?
- We are growing exponentially Going from an on-paper idea-to-revenues in less than 12 weeks - have big plans for 2022 and are super excited to build a top-tier product in India, for the world
- Crazy ambitious mission: Have a founder mindset and lots of room to experiment, integrate and expand further. Have a figure-it-out mentality.
- Transparent, flexible benefits: We have a robust benefits framework; we evaluate candidates based on performance every six months and put our best foot forward on appraisals, with some flexibility between cash/crypto mutual fund/stock options. Read more. Read in detail on our flexible benefits in the next section.👇
- What else: You will get a MacBook for working anywhere. Work at comfort and choose your flexible hours as long as you finish the tasks.
- So much transparency: We try hard to do it in the right way. We strongly believe that we can be much more open and move faster when we have nothing to hide.
- Salary 💸 We offer competitive salaries with performance-based bonuses and raises at will. We believe that a raise doesn’t need to be tied to an annual review.
- Stock Options 📈 We believe that all employees deserve to own a part of Tartan. Everyone should be rewarded for a successful company outcome.
- Health Insurance 💪 We believe you and your family deserve robust health coverage because we care about them too. A health policy of 5 lakhs is provided and other benefits to you and your family.
- Brand new MacBook 💻 You get a MacBook you can use for working anywhere, irrespective of your role at Tartan.
- Work Remotely 🌎 At Tartan, it’s your contribution to the team that matters. We support you working remotely wherever you’d like.
- Unlimited Sick Leaves ❤ Times are tough, and we are all in this together. Sick leaves are not meant just for yourself but also to take care of your loved ones when they need you the most.
- Passion Fund 🏀 Invest in yourself or your passion project. Take a course, do gardening or start a newsletter. At Tartan, we want to invest in your professional growth and personal.
- Wind Down 🎥 Whether it’s Netflix, Prime, Hotstar with the family, or cozying up with an audio-book, we provide a monthly stipend to spend on the streaming, entertainment, or news sources of your choice.**