Key deliverables for the Backend Engineer would be to work on meaningful, large-scale initiatives with a focus on autonomy to build features, be a part of the core team, and give direction to the product along with the CTO.
- You will join a growing team of experienced developers building a cross-platform application, backend services and open platform
- You will collaborate with your peers to define architecture, quality standards, and best practices and participate in code reviews, design reviews, architecture discussions.
- You will work closely with our product team, teaming up in small cross-functional teams to bring features from idea to prototype to final implementation
- You have working knowledge of algorithms and data structures with space and memory complexities
- You have 3+ years of experience as a software engineer at a SaaS or technology company, including familiarity with the different pieces of technology involved in building modern web applications
- You are proficient in backend development and technologies. You should understand concepts of multithreading, I/O, messaging, instrumentation and their implementation.You deal well with constant change and high levels of ambiguity (we are a startup)
- You have experience in building RESTful APIs, Spring framework and Mysql/RDS
- You have knowledge of Messaging Queues (Kafka/RabitMq/SQS), Dynamodb, Elastic Search, Redis/Memcache/Elasticache
- Experience with source control systems (prefer Github)
- Strive to craft clean, reliable and highly maintainable code
- Experience with test driven development and pair programming
- To you, technologies and programming languages are about tradeoffs. You may be opinionated, but you're not ideological and can learn new technologies as you go
More and Bonus If
- Worked with micro-services
- Passion for fintech